Friday, October 28, 2022

A Visit To The Pumpkin Patch

 Growing up in NJ I always loved Fall.  The leaves on the trees would gradually turn into beautiful colors and slowly drop to the ground.  To me there was nothing more fun than jumping into a big pile of raked leaves.  Back then people were allowed to burn their leaves and that smell always said Fall to me.  Now I'm in Houston and the leaves don't turn pretty colors.  Instead they shrivel up and die.  They slowly fall from the trees over the Winter months and in February the new buds push the last remaining leaves off.  So, all winter long we drag dead leaves into the house.  I hate it!  We don't really have a traditional Fall.  Here we basically have two seasons...a long, long Summer and a little bit of Winter.  I miss Fall so much.  I joke that before I die I want to jump into a big pile of leaves one last time.

I'm so envious of my little doll family.  They got to go to the pumpkin patch to pick their very own pumpkins.  It was a beautiful Fall day with just a bit of a chill in the air and the gorgeous colored leaves were falling. 


 Little GinnyFaith seemed more interested in the free candy rather than picking out a pumpkin.


And little Joey just wanted to play in the pile of leaves.  That's my kind of boy.


The rest of the kids headed over to the pumpkin patch to pick out the perfect pumpkin.  There were so many to choose from!





Mr. Jeff kept a close eye on things.


And so did kitty...

 

Needless to say the kids had a great time!  

Happy Fall!  Betty


4 comments:

  1. Betty, what fun! I have always loved seeing a 'vintage' pick-up truck in doll displays. Fall is my favorite time of year! I was born outside Seattle in late September, and still live near Puget Sound, south of Hood Canal. Seasons have changed some over the years, but I love the return of crisp, sunny days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed my little scene. Betty

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy to have found your blog! It is so cute! I have one 1970s Ginny I thrifted and an older clone doll that is a walker and you have inspired me to pull them out and play! -Gaela @Lalalandtoys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you found my blog too! I'm glad you're coming out to play. Betty

    ReplyDelete

I'm Back...Still Too Many Dolls and Doll Stuff!

  It's been almost a year since I last posted.  I moved into this house last July.  It's a one story house which is really nice, but...