Sunday, September 25, 2022

Back To School

A few weeks ago the Vogue Ginny dolls and their friends headed back to school.  Most of these dolls are from the 1950's so they wore their plaid dresses to school.  I grew up in the 1950's and that's what my sister and I seemed to wear most of the time back then.  I felt it was appropriate for the Ginnys to all wear plaid this year.  Of course, the boys didn't wear plaid.  I guess the plaid rule didn't apply to them.  If you look carefully you'll see a Cosmopolitan Ginger doll already on the bus.  She's wearing her plaid dress too.  I don't think you can see it so you'll have to take my word for it.  I actually had more dolls dressed in plaid but I couldn't fit them in these pictures.  A Vogue Jeff doll is the school bus driver and he made sure to wear his 1950's era plaid shirt.

 
 
 

I do seem to favor the plaid dresses on my dolls.  I'm really not into all the "frilly" clothes although I do have some for my dolls.  I guess it's because back in my childhood I never liked the "frilly" clothes myself.  I hated going to birthday parties because back then everyone got all dressed up.  I guess I've always been a casual type person.

Here I am in a plaid dress posing for a school photo back in 1954.  My mother made sure I wore a plaid dress but what was she thinking when she let me go out in public with that hairdo???  Remind me to tell my kids to burn any of these old B&W photos when I'm gone.


The school bus was given to me by a doll friend 15+ years ago.  As I recall it was sold at Target and was actually an art kit.  The roof opens up and there are sections for supplies.  We were just thrilled that the bus was the right scale for Ginny photos. You can't really see it but I added the name Medford School District on the side of the bus.  The Vogue Ginny Doll Company was located in Medford, MA at one time.  Betty

4 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I love this post. You always make such adorable scenes. I love the Medford reference. I recently had one of my school pictures on my blog, knobby knees and all! Haha. I love you school photo - so sweet.
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda. I need to get busy. I just haven't been online much lately. I've been working on a Fall scene for weeks and finally took some pictures today. You really think that school picture is sweet??? That's really nice of you. :) Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, like Brenda, I like your school photo, too! It would be fun to make a dress for Ginny like yours. I too have a photo of me, plaid dress and knobby knees, with my brother holding one of his many rescued animals, a garter snake! That was about 1957, when we were 5 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. I think I look like a dork, but appreciate your kind comment. I checked with Brenda and added a Followers Gadget to my blog. If you're there it should notify you of updates.

      Delete

I'm Back...Still Too Many Dolls and Doll Stuff!

  It's been almost a year since I last posted.  I moved into this house last July.  It's a one story house which is really nice, but...