Sunday, September 25, 2022

Saving Ginny Doll Number 2

 In my previous post I told you about the four Vogue Ginny dolls I bought on eBay and showed you the first one I restored.  I've had Ginny doll number two finished for a while, but just hadn't gotten around to writing about her here. 

Ginny number two really didn't require too much work.  She's a bent knee walker and was given a bath with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and her little dirt spots disappeared.  Her hair was a little messy but combed back into place quite well.  It was a little "fly-away" so I patted on some Armorall.  I learned about that treatment on a doll list some years back and have used it before.  She still has some "fly-away" ends so I might go back at some point and give her another treatment.  I already had the 1959 Ginny dress #1213 and decided she was the perfect doll for that dress.  It was missing the pink bow so I added one.  I'd really like to find the matching 1959 Jill dress #3233!  I have a thing for the matching Ginny and Jill outfits.

Here are a couple of before pictures:



And here is how she looks today:


Here she is with her sister from the previous post:


I showed you the bag of clothes and accessories that the seller so nicely included with the dolls.  (Don't you just love those kind of surprises?)  I've washed, ironed, and steamed a few of those things so far.  Here is the 1955 Ginny Bride outfit #64 from that bag.  It had a blue mark on the bodice but it washed right out.  The netting and lace were in very good condition.  I added white bows on the dress and veil and added a bouquet.  This is a reproduction Ginny wearing the outfit.


And here is the back of the veil.


I'm really not crazy about her bouquet but that's what I had on hand to use.  It might be replaced some day.

I've been working on a few other things (and goofing off) but I will get the other dolls restored soon.  Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back...Still Too Many Dolls and Doll Stuff!

  It's been almost a year since I last posted.  I moved into this house last July.  It's a one story house which is really nice, but...