Saturday, April 9, 2022

Easter Is Coming...

 Easter is coming and I have something new planned for Ginny and her friends this year.  In past years we've dyed Easter eggs and had Easter egg hunts.  This year I hope to have my new idea done in time.  Meanwhile I thought I'd share some photos of a past event.

This was the year we had a combination Easter egg hunt and dinner.


In the past I made Easter candy and Peeps for my dolls.  I'm glad I made the Peeps in the past when I was able to buy the Peeps in printed boxes, take the boxes apart, scan and reduce them.  Now the Peeps are sold in plain white boxes with printed cellophane.  I would not know what to do today.  In the past I just used plain cellophane on the printed boxes.  The Peeps are made out of polymer clay.  The chocolate candy is made out of the polymer clay too.





Many years ago I made some food for Easter dinner.  It was probably at least 15-20 years ago.  Today I might have done it differently but back then there wasn't a lot of information online or on You Tube videos about how to make it.



I think the "kids" had fun seeing the baby chicks that year too.


Here are a couple of close-ups of my Peeps.



And I thought I'd show you one of my doll cabinets.  I bought two of these cabinets when they were reduced at Home Depot years ago.  They were only $50 each and have nice deep shelves where my dolls live most of the time.  I'm able to shut the doors and keep them out of the light and away from dust.  The light isn't good for the vintage dolls.


Excuse the messy shelves.  Every so often I straighten them. :)  Betty


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back...Still Too Many Dolls and Doll Stuff!

  It's been almost a year since I last posted.  I moved into this house last July.  It's a one story house which is really nice, but...