Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The Annual Easter Parade

 I grew up in the 50's and 60's in a suburb of New York City.  Every year I would see the New York City Easter Parade on TV.  That was back when everyone got all dressed up for Easter in new dresses, shoes, hats and gloves.  Anyone else remember?  Here's a trip down Memory Lane.  I'll never admit which one is me!


I recently wondered if New York City still had the Easter Parade and decided to google and find out.  Yes, the parade still exists but has definitely evolved over the years.  I guess when people no longer dressed in fancy outfits and wore gloves and hats the event had to change with the times.  Now it's more like a costume party with crazy outfits and elaborate home made hats.

This year my dolls decided to have a more traditional Easter Parade.  They put on their Easter outfits and lined up behind the Easter Bunny for a march down the main street of town.




My Vogue Ginny dolls, Nancy Ann Muffie, and Vogue Jill all wore seamstress made outfits that I've collected over the years.  After the parade they all had a chance to pose for photos with the Bunny or Chick and show off their outfits.





I was able to find dresses for Ginny and Jill made by different seamstresses but with the same fabric.  I bought one on Etsy and one on eBay.

A few of their friends wanted their pictures posted too!


A good time was had by all!  Betty

2 comments:

  1. I love your Easter parade! So adorable! Everyone was dressed so nicely. You have nice backdrops too. I love your Ginnys! I adore small dolls and their tiny dresses! I have a Betsy McCall and 2 Patsyettes, but that's all for now. I try to have just one or two of each type doll in my collection. It is my way to keep my collecting under control. I think I can hear doll collectors laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda. I'm glad you enjoyed the parade. Having one or two dolls of a kind isn't a bad idea. My problem is that I am drawn to the dolls I grew up playing with and I mostly played with the Vogue Company dolls. I do have others but I find I'm not nearly as attached to them. I'm always saying no more dolls but that doesn't last for long. :) Betty

    ReplyDelete

I'm Back...Still Too Many Dolls and Doll Stuff!

  It's been almost a year since I last posted.  I moved into this house last July.  It's a one story house which is really nice, but...