Friday, November 12, 2021

It's Been A While

 I really don't like the way Blogger has changed over the years.  It was so easy to use before and now I find it challenging.  I was really disappointed when I discovered I could no longer post on my old blog and that the list of blogs I was following was gone.  Oh well, I'll just have to accept the challenges and move on.  Perhaps in time I'll get things figured out and post a little more often.
 
Not too long ago I added a new member to my doll family.  She's a Patti Playpal Companion Doll that I found on eBay.  I was attracted to the title of the auction.  It said she was won on the boardwalk and I instinctively knew that she must be from NJ.  Growing up in NJ I spent time on the boardwalk playing some of those boardwalk games.  Sure enough she was from NJ and had belonged to the seller's grandmother.  Here she is:
 
Uh-Oh...I didn't notice that her one hair bow had slipped down a bit.  She's sitting in an old stroller that I found at a Houston antique mall a while back.  I couldn't resist.  Here's a couple of old (very old) photos of me in the same type of stroller:
 


 She has a few new friends that also live in my doll room.  Here's one of them.  She's a Patti Playpal Doll that I got at a doll show a few years back.

Here's my oldest son on the exact same Cheyenne Horse when he was almost 2 years old.  (He's now 52.)

Over the years every time we moved my husband would say, "Betty, can we get rid of this horse now?"  And every time I would say, "No, I might need it someday."  I finally needed it!

I'll get some pictures taken of her other friends soon.  Betty



3 comments:

  1. Hi Betty. Love your big girls and the horse! Glad you didn't get rid of it. I remember my mom pushing my brother at the 1964 World's Fair in that style stroller. Very Cool! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You mean the 1964 World's Fair in New York? I think that's the one I went to...I wonder whatever happened to the Word's Fair?

    ReplyDelete

I'm Back...Still Too Many Dolls and Doll Stuff!

  It's been almost a year since I last posted.  I moved into this house last July.  It's a one story house which is really nice, but...